Headquartered in Salinas California with over 30 years of industry leadership Grower Transplanting Inc., is one of the largest greenhouse and field operations in the country. With efficiency, quality and integrity, GTI continues to perform and develop innovative transplanting and cutting edge automation technologies as well as explore further advancements in areas such as hydroponics, organic production and biofuels to increase yields and quality while decreasing costs, inputs and environmental impact. Utilizing GTI technologies 1.8 billion vegetable plants are produced within 5.5 million square feet of greenhouses spanning across 9 facility locations.
You are a horticulturist with plant biology experience and possess critical knowledge of crop and/or pest trialing practices. Ambitious and strategic with a broad understanding of how to connect development opportunities and business needs. A trained leader you practice effective management and have the ability to influence without authority. You manage budgets and resolve work priorities against constraints, plan and navigate organizational changes with a project management and process improvement mentality. You focus your energy on data and product quality must wins while actively fostering a culture of creativity and innovation to promote ongoing projects.
About The Opportunity:
Reporting directly to the President of GTI as R&D Manager you will be accountable for developing innovative research data in alignment with the needs of GTI’s plug, vegetable, and tree and trial products to deliver high throughput results as well as support all stages of crop protection and plug product advancements.
- Bachelor Degree with 3+ years in horticulture
- 3+years of experience in plant biology
- Experience with Nut Trees or Tomatoes highly desired
- Passion and ability to deliver efficient high quality products and services
- Maintain large diverse data sets, and then analyze available data to provide comprehensive, accurate, and user friendly information as well as make recommendations to R&D, President and Sales organization within quality and timeliness standards
- Effectively communicate across diverse teams driving success across dispersed organizations
- Actively interface with Plug Production Management to achieve set goals
- Maintain a culture which promotes job satisfaction and team success
- Manage and maintain budgeting and cost management using basic accounting principles
- Computer skills; well versed with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Experience in Project Management & Process Improvement
- Valid driver’s license and eligibility for auto insurance
- Ability to travel
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Why join Growers Transplanting Inc.?
- Chance to create a vision and build out a foundation for Grower Transplanting Inc.’s R&D
- This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization with expertise and capability where you contribute to key focus areas of the business with endless possibilities to introduce creative solutions and new methods to the Ag Industry
- GTI is a desirable place to work with the support of experienced leadership and the resources of an established industry leader
- Opportunity for career advancement with competence, outstanding performance and the demonstrated potential
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Use of Company Vehicle, laptop and cell phone
- Generous benefits package
- Relocation assistance possibilities
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.