DIRECTOR, SUPPLY CHAIN PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT
For four generations and over 100 years, the Driscoll’s brand has been trusted and recognized for its superior quality. Driscoll’s Supply Chain Operations are responsible for processes that link the World’s leading supplier of fresh berries from Grower to Customer. We strive to continually delight our Berry Consumers, while also delivering excellent customer service and cost efficient operations. Pursuing ways to strengthen and integrate these processes across, improves our ability to achieve strategic plans, and perform for the business each day.
Director, Supply Chain Platform Development is responsible for the development and implementation of ERP / WMS / TMS and Delight Platform (Traceability) systems solutions across the Supply Chain group that supports the Operational Excellence initiative. This senior management role provides leadership and technical expertise on business process and integration application design, process improvement, project management and the development of best practices relative to systems and business platforms that impact all areas of the business. This individual is responsible for learning and keeping abreast of emerging technologies, designing different capabilities to improve business performance, and driving the adoption of standardized solutions across multiple regions. The position provides leadership and support of all initiatives focused on improving supply chain practices and productivity including leadership of Business Project Management (BPM) professionals.
This Supply Chain leadership position requires the ability to manage multiple initiatives, facilitate positive and solution-oriented discussions with key stakeholders, understand supporting systems, and organizational and compliance requirements across multiple geographies. The development of strategy and enterprise-level impact programs is a key function.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, graduate study a plus
• 12-15 years of relevant work experience with a proven ability to manage multiple project plans, timelines, and costs effectively, while ensuring strategic and business requirements are met
• Excellent process improvement and systems implementation skills
• Excellent project management capabilities
• Demonstrated success developing and managing a budget
• Knowledge of ERP platform development and management
• Demonstrated competence managing and leading others
• Experience with food traceability processes and procedures
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and work with internal and external key stakeholders and manage multiple projects across the enterprise
• A solid understanding of and experience in supply chain systems implementations and a passion for driving company success through adoption of technology
• Certification in Project Management preferred (PMP) desirable
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred
• Travel will be required (up to 50% domestic and international)
• Valid California Driver License required, as well as the ability to be covered under Company-sponsored vehicle insurance
• Develop program strategy, supporting business case, and various enterprise high-level project plans
• Ensure integration of projects and adjust project scope, timing, and budget as needed based on business changes and needs
• Lead team in analysis and determination of business requirements, as well as manage the planning and execution of technology solutions and associated programs that achieve the business objectives to enhance customer satisfaction, optimize profitability, develop long-term customer loyalty
• Excellent organizational skills and project management capabilities - able to manage project plans, timelines, costs effectively, and ensures strategic and business requirements are met
• Working as part of a cross functional team to provide technical and functional leadership in support of Supply Chain Platform applications
• Participate in cross-functional design development and reviews
• Validate that the functional designs meet the overall business process integration requirements and are consistent with the conceptual design
• Work with the Business Project Managers to outline the tasks and deliverables required to drive out the full set of application requirements
• Troubleshoot problems associated with designing, implementing, leading, and completing projects, overcoming obstacles
• Prepare and present clear and concise oral and written communications
• Regular interaction with Business Partners to define application requirements on new and ongoing initiatives
• Lead and mentor team members
• Complete team deliverables related to design, configuration, test, and implementation
• Review detailed design specifications, test plans and user documentation for functional and technical completeness
• Establish and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders, to provide information, garner
• acceptance and support of the project, and ensure that the project meets business needs
We have operations in 18 countries on 5 continents to ensure year round delivery of fresh berries to market. In the last 20 years Driscoll's has experienced significant operational and market growth doubling in size every five years.
Driscoll's values of Passion, Humility and Trustworthiness are core to the character of the company and how employees work and interact with each other, their customers, business partners and berry consumers. Driscoll's offers a broad range of competitive compensation and benefits packages supportive of a positive work/life balance including; healthcare benefits, 401K plans with matching contributions, tuition reimbursements, leadership training and wellness programs.
Our Philanthropy matches employee donations and volunteer time to community projects and nonprofit organizations partnering with over 90 employee led community action projects in 2012. Driscoll’s unique company culture fosters innovation, excellence and collaboration as they continue to expand in others part of the world.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
Christie Bower, Recruiter for Driscoll's