Driscoll’s is the World’s leading provider of fresh berries with operations in 19 countries on 5 continents. For four generations and over 100 years, the Driscoll’s brand has been trusted and recognized for its superior quality. In the last 20 years Driscoll's has experienced significant operational and market growth doubling in size every five years. Headquartered in Watsonville, California Driscoll's has operations in 18 countries on 5 continents. To fulfill their mission to continually delight berry consumers, Driscoll’s naturally breeds proprietary plant varieties that produce Only the Finest Berries® all over the world. .
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Director of Distribution is responsible for the planning and coordination of enterprise-wide cooling and shipping in North and South America spanning across 50 seasonal operating locations. This is achieved by creating strategic growth plans for geographic regions, developing and implementing best practice processes across all locations, delivering logistics support services, and leading efforts to identify and adopt outstanding equipment and technology solutions for our distribution network.
This position will provide leadership to a team of managers that operate key functions in support of the flow of products and information from origin in the field to destination with the customer. It includes optimizing cold chain quality while meeting customer service commitments; managing key aspects of distribution center relationships including 3PL contracts, and achieving continuous improvement of operating efficiencies.
The Director of Distribution, and the group of direct report managers, operates in a matrix organization structure. He/she will lead change and performance across our 50 site network, in conjunction with Regional leadership teams that operate and execute daily operations at each site. This position may require up to 50% travel, both domestic and international, which requires a valid California Driver’s License, eligibility for Company vehicle insurance and the ability to travel unrestricted on international travel assignments.
● Five (5) plus years of Distribution leadership experience required; preferably in perishable goods
● Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is required, Master’s degree preferred
● Knowledge of post-harvest handling of perishables in a multi-site distribution system is greatly valued
● Demonstrated success and a history of high performance accomplishments
● Experience in managing a team of business professionals required, including experience successfully directing, managing and motivating employees and building effective teams.
● Familiarity with U.S. and international customs rules and regulations
● Prior experience operating in a matrix environment a plus
● Demonstrated experience and success with Process Improvement initiatives
● Experience managing and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
● Knowledge of and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems required. Microsoft DAX platform preferred
● Experience identifying potential roadblocks and obstacles to organizational projects
● Travel may be required (up to 50% domestic and international)
● Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency strongly preferred
● California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required.
● A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
● Passionate, humble, and trustworthy values
● Ability to work with others at a high and collaborative level
● Profit & Loss management
● Proficiency with computer software/programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Access) required
● Excellent communicator. Outstanding oral and written skills, including presentation, are required
● Strong analytical skills
GOOD TO KNOW:
Driscoll'svalues of Passion, Humility and Trustworthiness are core to the character of the company and how employees work and interact with each other, their customers, business partners and berry consumers. Driscoll's offers a broad range of competitive compensation and benefits packages supportive of a positive work/life balance including; healthcare benefits, 401K plans with matching contributions, tuition reimbursements, leadership training and wellness programs. Driscoll’s Philanthropy matches employee donations and volunteer time to community projects and nonprofit organizations partnering with over 90 employee led community action projects in 2012. Their unique company culture fosters innovation, excellence and collaboration as they continue to expand in others part of the world.
Christie Bower, Sr. Recruiter
Driscoll’s Talent Acquisition
We greatly encourage & appreciate sharing this across your network