Driscoll's is hiring!
As a global shared service partner to all business units, the Information Technology organization provides the world’s largest supplier of fresh conventional and organic berries with leading edge technical solutions and support. With operations established in over 18 countries and 5 continents, our dynamic portfolio of integrated systems and infrastructure are crucial in ensuring the year round timely delivery of perishable berries to market. In the last 20 years we have experienced significant operational and market growth doubling in size every five years. Our unique company culture fosters innovation, excellence and collaboration as we continue to expand in other parts of the world.
The Senior Systems Storage Engineer reports to our Director of IT and is an integral part of our organization. This highly visible role is directly responsible for designing, building, supporting and maintaining innovative Global IT Storage/VMware Infrastructure solutions. Candidate must possess in-depth technical knowledge and understanding. Driscoll’s currently has Data Center facilities located in London, San Jose, Chile, & Breda. This position focuses on internal IT service delivery for the employees and interacts with all IT functional areas (Global Development & Architecture, Global Application Support, Global Infrastructure, Network Services and Service Desk, Business Intelligence, and PMO). The successful candidate must have strong critical thinking, multi-tasking and organizational skills and be able to ramp-up
quickly in a dynamic, growing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Extensive knowledge of VMware ESX/ESXi 3.5 and 4.x
- Extensive knowledge deploying, configuring, patching, migrating and optimizing VMware vSphere virtualization infrastructure
- Advanced NetApp experience with multiple filers including FAS 30X
- Experience with Netaapp backup solutions using SnapVault and SnapMirror technologies and NDMP for disaster recovery
- Advanced Windows 2003/2008 Administration experience, Exchange 2007 experiences a plus
- Knowledgeable of iSCSI, FC, CIFS, and NFS protocols for maintenance and performance tuning
- Provision new ESX\ESXi hosts on Cisco blade and rack mount server hardware
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong work ethic having the ability to work both effectively with a team of senior system administrators as well as be proactive, and able to work with little to no supervision
- Must be comfortable with rotations required in a mission critical 24/7 operations environment
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred
1. Manage the Global VMware Infrastructure
2. Setup, configure, and perform day-to-day maintenance and administration of corporate storage/VMware and backup infrastructure
3. Ensure data replication and backup integrity
4. Ensure data replication (SnapVault and SnapMirror) and backups are running and failed jobs are resolved
5. Evaluate new technologies and participate in strategic planning to address extremely complex infrastructure issues and make necessary recommendations on the future direction of our storage and VMware infrastructure
6. Maintain disaster recovery data replication
7. Maintain storage/VMware best practices and storage/VMware life cycle management
8. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
9. Interface with Global Business Units to understand current and future storage requirements
10. Design, build and deploy commitments and deliverables
11. Perform day-to-day break-fix and troubleshooting storage/VMware related tickets
12. Resolve day-to-day Netapp/VMware server administration tickets.
13. Provide escalation support to other system administrators.
14. Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
15. Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
16. Other duties as assigned
17. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.