New Career Opportunity with Driscoll's
HIRING: PRODUCTION & INVENTORY ANALYST
For four generations and over 100 years, the Driscoll’s brand has been trusted and recognized for its superior quality. To fulfill their mission to continually delight berry consumers, Driscoll’s naturally breeds proprietary plant varieties that produce Only the Finest Berries®. Every Driscoll's berry begins life at the Nursery.
Driscoll's is looking for a Production Planning & Inventory Analyst for our Corralitos Nursery, located on the beautiful central coast of California. This position creates and maintains short and long range production, schedules and capacity plans and ensures inventory accuracy for plants, materials, and packaging within Driscoll-owned Corralitos, CA nursery locations. This position is part of a World Class Nursery Operation that ensures annual plant orders are met within quality standards, on time, and in volume.
• Bachelor’s degree in Ag Sciences, Horticulture or Accounting
• At least three years experience in production planning and scheduling in either a production or nursery environment preferred
• Additional experience in production auditing and inventory management is required (math skills, detail orientation, problem solving, investigation and ability to resolve issues)
• Must be self-motivated and have a proven track record of implementing and producing production plans and implementing inventory control processes and procedures
• Must have demonstrated competency using computer applications such as Access, Excel, Word, Microsoft Dynamics, etc
• Participates and works well in a team environment and is comfortable presenting production plans to other departments and managers
• Must be able to inform others of necessary information in a timely manner - effective verbal and written communications in English a must, proficiency in Spanish a plus
• Must be willing to work with a flexible work schedule, including weekends as needed; some travel is required
• Experience in a Nursery environment and/or APICS CPIM certification is highly desired
1. Generate and maintain long range (18 month) production plans and near term (3week) schedules to support plant propagation requirements.
2. Responsible for the order acknowledgement process. Analyzes requirements, assesses capabilities, makes and implements recommendations to meet current and future plant orders.
3. Represents the Nursery at cross-department short and long-range production planning meetings.
4. Perform periodic analysis of nursery short and long range space requirements.
5. Investigate inventory discrepancies and out of balance issues. Ensures timely input and proper justification for all inventory adjustments. As needed, recommends and implements new inventory management procedures.
6. Generates and provides inventory accuracy reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
7. Reviews, augments and maintains production planning, scheduling and inventory management systems, forms and procedures manuals. Directly participates in the improvement of planning scheduling and inventory management processes.
8. Exhibits the company values and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of colleagues, customers and growers. Performs other duties as instructed
9. Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
10. Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
11. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.